Thomas & Solomon LLP has a history of representing workers in the restaurant industry. We have filed cases against well-known restaurants, and secured favorable decisions litigating against some of the largest law firms in the industry.
We know from our clients that workers in the service industry, particularly restaurant employees, regularly experience employment violations. We help all restaurant workers, including servers, bartenders, busboys, and hosts, recover money they are owed.
Violations in the Restaurant Industry
Our law firm has seen a variety of ways that employees in the restaurant industry may be owed money, including:
- Being paid subminimum wages for duties unrelated to a tipped position, including washing dishes, rolling silverware, preparing entrees and appetizers, and cleaning the restaurant;
- Failing to pay minimum wage for all hours worked;
- Failing to pay spread of hours wages of an additional hour of pay for each day that employees worked a spread of hours in excess of 10 hours;
- Failing to provide wage notice documents;
- Improper tip pooling;
- Failing to pay for missed or interrupted breaks; and
- Failing to pay overtime of the minimum wage rate, not subminimum wage, for all hours worked in excess of 40 hours in a workweek.
These are just a few of the examples of violations we have heard from employees working in the restaurant industry.
Thomas & Solomon LLP is an experienced class action law firm that has a proven history of success representing the rights of workers. If you have had your wages stolen or believe you are owed money from your employer, speak to our firm by calling 585-272-0540. We are based in Rochester, New York, and have built a reputation as a leading class action law firm in Western New York and nationwide.
Current Restaurant Class Actions
Thomas & Solomon LLP is currently representing restaurant workers in their claims against:
- Joe's Crab Shack
- Macaroni Grill
- Blu Stone Bistro
- Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre
- Radisson Hotel-Rochester Airport
We are always investigating new cases so we welcome inquiries from any restaurant worker who has experienced a wage and hour violation.
Have You Experienced an Employment Violation? Get a Thorough Case Evaluation
If you have experienced wage theft or other employment law violation, contact our skilled attorneys for a comprehensive case evaluation of your situation. We realize that legal action is a last resort, so we always provide you with clear options, including out-of-court settlements. Call us at 585-272-0540 or our toll free number 1-877-272-4066, or reach us confidentially online. It is a violation of state and federal law to retaliate against employees who bring an employment violation claim, and our lawyers will work closely with you before recommending any legal action, so there is no risk to you.